Welcome to my first ever blogspot. I wanted to do something a little different and not just recount a diary of my activities. Instead I hope to offer reflections on my talks and inner thoughts.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
The other day I came across an article about baby boomers and retirement. Lots of these individuals said though they're near retirement, they have lots they want to accomplish. Many had bucket list items. It got me thinking. Bucket list items shouldn't be for those late in life or near retirement. Everyone, young and old should have a bucket list. For my Thursday Thoughts, I'm going to mention 10 bucket list items I'd like to accomplish before I turn 40.
10. Friends know that I love to travel. I've always wanted to see the Great Wall of China. I know I could have picked somewhere more exotic, but the Great Wall is one of the few items you can see from space. It's ancient and it's in a part of the world I have never been to.
9. I always wanted to go horseback riding on the beach as the sun sets. It sounds romantic right? I've never been on a horse either.
8. Help build a house for Habitat for Humanity. I admire those who give their time and volunteer.
7. Attend a NY Rangers game at Madison Square Garden. I know it's shocking. I've seen all my Rangers games at the Cap Center, MCI Center and United Center. I've never been surrounded by fellow NY Rangers fan. I think it would be amazing!
6. Be in an exclusive, committed relationship with a nice chap. Maybe I should give myself until I'm 60 for this one. LOL.
5. Be a mentor to a young child. I don't have any kids and haven't been around that many, but I think we could learn from each other. I could tell the kid about art, classical music, literature and travel and she/he could teach me how to have fun.
4. I want to take private tango lessons and then dance the tango in Buenos Aires. I already took salsa, merengue, cha cha and samba. I missed my tango lesson. The tango is a very passionate dance. I'd love to be able to move like that.
3. Go skydiving. I know it sounds crazy. I would jump out of a plane with a parachute. Of course it would be a tandem jump.
2. Be a home owner. I don't need a huge 10 bedroom mansion on 30 acres with three lakes. I'd like a cute two bedroom/two bathroom condo with a nice sized walk-in closet in the master bedroom :)
1. Write a screenplay or treatment for a television series. I need to put those scriptwriting classes to use.
My month long blog trial is coming to an end. I'm planning on using this time to start my creative writing again. Who knows, I might even start a screenplay. I'll still swing by and write something every now and then. Thanks to all of you who read my posts and gave me words of encouragement :)